Introduction to DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Does your organisation have a requirement for DBS checks but your applicants don’t have the time to come to our office to complete the form?
Amber Valley CVS has the solution… We are able to carry out DBS checks on your behalf, as long as you have followed a step by step guide that we issue to you.
You will need to:
- Nominate a person to assist applicants with completion of forms and authenticate their identification
- Complete and return the relevant sections of an information pack we will send to you.
- You will need to attend a training session at our Ripley offices, were you will be shown how to complete each DBS application form and also be given a starter pack.
- Once you have completed the DBS applications, they will need to be returned to Amber Valley CVS. After checking your application forms for any errors we forward them to the DBS offices where the relevant searches on the Police National Computer and records held by the appropriate Police Force are checked. Once complete a disclosure is printed.
- The applicant will receive a copy of this disclosure at their home address.
- As an umbrella organisation, you can be assured that all the personal information is dealt with and stored appropriately, adhering to GDPR regulations.
- If you receive a check that isn’t clear it is your responsibility to ask the applicant the nature of the information, as this may/may not be relevant to the post/role.
- This process usually takes 3-4 weeks. In the event of a delay, we can track your application on-line and keep you informed of it’s progress.